The 27th edition of AMSA International eNewsletter is finally out! The theme of the current edition is the First 1000 Days of Life.
The first 1,000 days of life is a unique period of opportunity when the foundations of long-term health and development across the lifespan are established. Yet too frequently in developing countries, poverty and its attendant condition, malnutrition, weaken this foundation, leading to earlier mortality and significant morbidities such as poor health. An estimated of 250 million children under age 5 fail to meet their developmental potential due to stunting and other adversities. Evidence demonstrates that it is far more effective to support a child’s development in the first place by preventing nutritional deficits than to depend on replacement therapy once a deficit has occurred.
- 1. AMSA International Lifetime Members and Best EC Testimonials
- 2. Hear out what our members say about the 1000 Days of Life
- 3. Learn new knowledge about cultures of AMSA Chapters
- 4. Photography competition announcement on page 36!
- 5. The 1000 Days of Life academic quiz & 26th edition’s winner announcement
Read the eNewsletter through this link: